Tech Tip: Canvas Calendar

Time management isn't my strong suit and that is why I need it the most! Over the course of this semester I have have faced many difficulties that have messed with my day to day schedule. The only thing keeping my life together at this time is my calendar. Although I primarily use my Outlook calendar for important deadlines in my life, Canvas has a very useful calendar for me as well. I love Outlook for many reasons, the first being how it links with the emails I receive which makes it easier for us to schedule meetings without facing conflicts. Another reason why I use Outlook is because it can link up with my Calendly account which allows my residents to know when I am busy and when they can schedule a meeting with me. I find that it is also very convenient for me that the Outlook calendar sends reminders to my phone when I do have a meeting or an assignment due (I am a forgetful person).

In the case of the Canvas calendar it is awesome for me to use in this class because it has all the material I need already put on the due dates. The unfortunate thing is none of my other professors use it! It is frustrating to see such a useful tool go to waste. One of the reasons why I opt for Outlook instead of Canvas is because there is minimal difference for me in terms of keeping up with my classes and that illustrates how few of my professors actually use Canvas to its full extent.

Comments

Popular Posts